Oman: Assistance with the development, management and operation of the port of Duqm
Rent a Port provided, through Consortium Antwerp Port, assistance to the Port of Duqm along all steps from planning and design review of the port infrastructure, to the operation of the port. Activities included:
- Elaboration of a proposed strategy for the start up of the port of Duqm
- Market study for the port of Duqm and the adjacent Industrial Zone
- Assistance with the development of the strategy for the port of Duqm Company
- Assessment of opportunities for establishing a bunker service in Duqm
- Review of the planning of the terminals of the port and recommendation for adaptation
- Review of the design of the port infrastructure
- Elaboration of tender documents for main cargo handling equipment: container gantry cranes, RTGs, Mobile Harbor cranes, reachstackers and tractor trailers.
- Elaboration of tender documents for a 85T tug boat and for pilot boats
- Assistance with the surveying of the sabkha (areas characterized by very soft sub-soil) area near the Port of Duqm
All these activities were carried out in close collaboration with the Port of Duqm and with various niche players from the Antwerp region who could contribute with in their highly specialized areas of expertise. This approach allowed the management of the Port of Duqm company to concentrate on their core business, managing the port, while being ascertained of receiving high quality advice and support.